We’ve said it before, but it bears repeating, Facebook likes aren’t as coveted as audience interaction. Likes are good, don’t get us wrong, but interaction is what you really want. You want people to comment on and share your posts. Obviously, better posts create more interaction, so how do you know what your audience likes? Audience Insights is a great tool that will help you do just that. It’s really a clever tool that Facebook created. Launched in May of 2014, Audience Insights shows information about groups of people without the need to share which individual people are in those groups. This allows marketers to view aggregate and anonymous insights while keeping people’s personal information private.
How Is Audience Insights Different From Page Insights?
Audience Insights is different from Page Insights because it looks at trends about your current or potential customers across Facebook, whereas Page Insights looks at the interactions with your Page (i.e., likes, comments and shares). You can use this free data to increase your reach and interaction on Facebook without spending money on advertising.
Create Personas to Guide You
Facebook Audience Insights contains data on your current audience, target market and competitors’ customer bases. Use this data to create personas that will help you know who you are speaking to and what they care about. You may have more than one persona, so just know which one you are trying to reach when you write your message. Here are some of the insights you’ll see with this awesome tool:
- Demographics – Age and gender, lifestyle, education, relationship status, job role and household size
- Page likes – The top Pages people like in different categories, like women’s apparel or sports
- Location and language – Where do people live, and what languages do they speak
- Facebook usage – How frequently are people in your target audience logging onto Facebook and what device(s) they are using when they log on
- Purchases activity – Past purchase behavior and purchase methods (i.e., in-store, online)
And you can view this information for three different groups of people:
- People on Facebook (the general Facebook audience)
- People connected to your Page or event
- People in Custom Audiences you’ve already created (an audience made up of your current customers)
This is a Free Tool from Facebook, So Use It!
You will get a much clearer picture of the people you are targeting, behavior patterns, attitudes, beliefs, habits, lifestyle, and more. This will definitely help you to craft posts that speak more directly to your audience about things they care about. Hit them where they care, and you’ll get emotion and ultimately, interaction.
If you’d like more information about Facebook Audience Insights, or need help with your social media execution, give the Kansas City social media experts at Lure Creative a call at (913) 649-4040 and we’ll be happy to help you.